Manulife will waive the 90-day exclusion for overseas medical treatment claims under a medical plan, which exclude any overseas medical treatments if the covered person remains abroad for more than 90 consecutive days. Terms and conditions apply.
This waiver will allow our medical policyholders to access the coverage under their medical plan in the event he/she is unable to return to Malaysia to obtain the required medical treatment due to travel restrictions imposed by Malaysia or the residing country.
Terms and conditions:
- Manulife will only reimburse the eligible expenses covered by the medical plan i.e. medical condition arises due to non-communicable disease such as but not limited to heart attack, injuries caused by accident which require to undergo surgery, etc.;
- The amount entitled for reimbursement shall based on the Reasonable and Customary Charges that is equivalent to treatment received in Malaysia for Medical Necessary Conditions;
- The covered person must provide satisfactory proof that he/she is not able to return to Malaysia for medical treatment due to the travel restrictions imposed by Malaysia or the residing country;
- The medical plan must be in force at the time of receiving medical treatment;
- All other terms and conditions of the medical policy will continue to apply;
- The limits (e.g. annual and/or lifetime limit, if applicable) of the medical plan shall deduct accordingly based on the amount reimbursed. Any claims payable under this initiative will accumulate to the usage of RM500,000 COVID-19 Relief Fund; and
- This waiver will apply retrospectively, starting from the announcement of the Movement Control Order (MCO), 18 March 2020 until 30 September 2021, or exhaustion of the RM500,000 COVID-19 Relief Fund, whichever is earlier.
How do I file a claim?
Visit How to Make a Claim section in our website for detailed steps.