Manulife will waive the 90-day exclusion for overseas medical treatment claims under a medical plan, which exclude any overseas medical treatments if the covered person remains abroad for more than 90 consecutive days. Terms and conditions apply.
This waiver will be given if the covered person can provide satisfactory proof that he/she is not able to return to Malaysia to obtain the required medical treatment due to the travel restrictions imposed by Malaysia or the residing country.
Terms and conditions:
- Manulife will only reimburse the eligible expenses covered by the medical plan for Medical Necessary Conditions, based on Reasonable and Customary Charges that is equivalent to treatment received in Malaysia;
- The medical plan must be in force at the time of receiving medical treatment;
- All other terms and conditions of the medical policy will continue to apply;
- Any claims payable under this initiative will accumulate to the usage of RM1 million fund pledged for all COVID-19 programmes; and
- This waiver will apply retrospectively, starting from the announcement of the Movement Control Order (MCO), 18 March 2020 until 31 December 2020, or exhaustion of the RM1 million fund, whichever is earlier.
How do I file a claim?
Visit How to Make a Claim section in our website for detailed steps.